Thai Coconut Curry Basil Soup

Thai Coconut Curry Basil Soup

If you love Thai food, like I do, you will most likely enjoy this easy to make soup. You could make this a noodle bowl simply by adding some of your favorite pasta noodles (pre-cooked) to the soup. My favorite noodle would be a wide variety.


Other additions might be 1/2-inch slices of Japanese eggplant, one of my favorite foods, any kind of mushroom, and/or celery, sliced on the diagonal.

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups traditional chicken bone stock (get the recipe here) 1 cup coconut milk
1 stalk lemongrass, peeled and sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp Thai red or yellow curry paste
2 cups diced cooked chicken or pork
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated or sliced thin
2 cups shredded fresh spinach
2 green onions, sliced diagonally
1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine stock, coconut milk, lemongrass and garlic.
2. Add curry paste and mix well into stock/coconut misture
3. Cover and cook 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
4. Add cayenne pepper, chicken, carrot and spinach.
5. Cover and continue cooking 5 minutes.
6. Add green onions and Thai basil just before serving.
Serves 4 - 6 people.

Comments

Popular Posts

  • This soup is so delicious! But it becomes so much better when eaten with people that you've invited into your home to...
  • This has been a family favorite for many years. In fact, when my youngest daughter attended high school, I canned about 30-quart jars of L...
  • Polenta and Avocado Frittata Our chickens (Aunt Bea, Clara Edwards, Hilda Mae, Juanita, Miss Crump , Thelma Lou, Elly and Mrs. Mendelbr...

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Sharon Kaufman
Jesus Christ has been my Savior for 47 years. Robert, the wonderful man that God provided to love me has been my husband for 45 of those years. We have five grown children, with children of their own. Of course, that means that we have grandchildren - 10 to be exact, and five great-granddaughters with another great-grandbaby on the way. I have been a stay-at-home mom, sometimes helping to supplement the income from within the home. Now I am a stay-at-home grandmother. Jesus Christ has been my guide and keeper and I have found, in all the trials, heartbreaks and good times that He just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter as the years roll by. My future is secure and I look forward to eternity in the presence of my Creator, Redeemer and King.
View my complete profile