Chili Steak Tacos

Chili Steak Tacos
















Ingredients:
One 2 lb. beef round steak
lard (not hydrogenated) or bacon drippings (from bacon with no nitrites or nitrates)
2 t. chili powder
1 t. ground cumin
filtered water, as needed

corn tortillas
coconut oil
shredded red or green cabbage
avocado or guacamole

cotija cheese
real sour cream
salsa
sliced green onions
cilantro


Directions: 
1. Cut beef into cubes 1/2-inch square. 

2. Heat a skillet and add lard or bacon drippings. 

3. Brown beef. Do not boil off liquid. 

4. Add chili powder and cumin and stir to combine. 

5. There should be a sufficient amount of liquid on beef. If not add 1 c. filtered water to the pan. 

6. Put lid on skillet and let cook for several hours, checking occasionally to make sure there is plenty of liquid in the pan. 

7. After beef is done, heat another skillet and add coconut oil. 

8. Cook tortillas in hot oil till they are completely heated through. 

9. Fold in half and place several spoonfuls of beef in each tortilla. 

10. Top with the rest of the ingredients.

Comments

Popular Posts

  • This soup is so delicious! But it becomes so much better when eaten with people that you've invited into your home to...
  • This has been a family favorite for many years. In fact, when my youngest daughter attended high school, I canned about 30-quart jars of L...
  • Polenta and Avocado Frittata Our chickens (Aunt Bea, Clara Edwards, Hilda Mae, Juanita, Miss Crump , Thelma Lou, Elly and Mrs. Mendelbr...

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Sharon Kaufman
Jesus Christ has been my Savior for 47 years. Robert, the wonderful man that God provided to love me has been my husband for 45 of those years. We have five grown children, with children of their own. Of course, that means that we have grandchildren - 10 to be exact, and five great-granddaughters with another great-grandbaby on the way. I have been a stay-at-home mom, sometimes helping to supplement the income from within the home. Now I am a stay-at-home grandmother. Jesus Christ has been my guide and keeper and I have found, in all the trials, heartbreaks and good times that He just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter as the years roll by. My future is secure and I look forward to eternity in the presence of my Creator, Redeemer and King.
View my complete profile